Strengthen your organization with a sustainable jobs ministry
Get online training and ongoing coaching for your team
Help people in poverty find and keep meaningful work
Discover a practical way to address economic disparity in your city
Everyone deserves the chance to experience the dignity of work. But many people face challenges that keep them unemployed or underemployed:
Without the right tools and a supportive community, it’s nearly impossible to overcome these obstacles. But there’s hope!
Work Life Site Certification Get the training and support you need to launch a successful jobs ministry
Get a clear plan to tackle big issues in your community—and practical steps to help you love people well.
How Work Life Site Certification works
Complete our FREE Intro to Work Life course.
Get your team trained and certified as a Work Life site.
Start your own Work Life ministry.
Get ongoing coaching from experienced jobs ministry leaders.
Meet your guides Learn from experienced jobs ministry leaders
We know how overwhelming long-term, developmental ministry can feel.
With Work Life Site Certification, you’re not alone!
Our team of experienced Work Life Lead Trainers will be with you every step of the way, from training to launching your class—and beyond.
You’ll also get dedicated coaching from Shay Bethea, our resident expert with 10+ years of experience helping ministries launch successful jobs ministries.
Work Life is trusted by 300+ churches and nonprofits nationwide
“The people we work with are often coming out of generational poverty, deep trauma, or addiction. They've often put their dreams on the backburner. But with Work Life as part of our program, we’re able to help them get back on their feet.”
Project Connect Nashville
“Work Life helps us go beyond mere skills training and address the whole person. It points people to Jesus, and it helps them look inward at their past so they can prepare for their future.”
“Work Life is better than any other jobs curriculum I’ve seen. It helps our participants actually deal with areas of their lives that have held them back. They come to us hoping to get a job, but they get so much more: relationships, connection to a community, and confidence.”
Hope for Suffolk
Work Life Site Certification Pricing
$475 per person
Minimum 4 team members
$475-$297 per person
5-8 team members
A full year of training and support to launch your jobs ministry
If you’re not completely satisfied with this training within 30 days of your purchase, we'll give you a full refund.
Take the first step Complete our free Intro to Work Life course
Intro to Work Life contains everything you need to get ready for Site Certification. We’ll help you:
Upcoming Site Certification Trainings
Once you’ve completed Intro to Work Life, you’ll be able to register for the next available Site Certification training.
Ready to get started? Sign up now!
Frequently asked questions
If your church or nonprofit...
- Is located in the United States
- Has personal connections with unemployed or underemployed people in your community
- Has buy-in from the leadership at your organization
…then congratulations! Work Life will be a great addition to your ministry.
If that doesn’t sound like your church or nonprofit, check out other resources from the Chalmers Center that can help you get ready for Work Life.
Intro to Work Life includes everything you need to get ready for Work Life Site Certification. We’ll help you:
- Get familiar with our Work Life curriculum
- Recruit the right people for your Work Life team
- Create your ministry plan
- Develop an operational budget for your class
The best part? It's free!
Intro to Work Life is a “go at your own pace” course.
If you’re familiar with the Chalmers Center’s approach to poverty, you can complete this course in just a few hours.
If you’re new to this work, expect to spend 2-4 weeks to read and watch the supplemental resources, ponder the discussion questions, pray for direction, and recruit a core ministry team that will labor together in your community.
We recommend existing Work Life facilitators get Site Certification for their church or nonprofit because it:
- Saves you money. Once your church or nonprofit obtains Work Life Site Certification, you’ll be equipped to train new team members yourself, without additional investment in training.
- Offers ongoing support. With Site Certification, you’ll get much more than one-time training. You’ll get dedicated coaching and support from experienced Work Life leaders to help you successfully launch your ministry and overcome obstacles along the way.
- Empowers you with a team. Starting a jobs ministry on your own is nearly impossible. With Site Certification, you’ll start with a team of people from your church or nonprofit who can help you for the long haul.
Starting a successful, sustainable jobs preparedness ministry is a team sport! That’s why we require Work Life sites to bring a minimum of 4 people. We’ll train each member of your team to serve in specialized roles that will help your Work Life ministry succeed.
- 5 weeks of online training for you and your team
- 10 hours of private coaching to help you launch your jobs ministry
- Access to mini-courses to help you train additional team members to serve as administrators, facilitators, volunteers or business liaisons at your Work Life site
- Promotional toolkit to help you get the word out about your Work Life class
- Access to our private Work Life Facebook community
Don’t miss the chance to help people in your community experience the dignity of work.
With Work Life Site Certification, you’ll see people flourish as they discover new ways to use their God-given gifts in the marketplace.