Helping Orphans Without Hurting: Video and NEW Online Course
– October 5, 2021
We recently hosted a webinar to talk about how strengthening families through savings and other financial services can address the material poverty at the root of most family separation.
Watch a recording below:
This conversation is the latest in a series of posts on the topic of learning how to provide better care for orphans and vulnerable children in Jesus’ name:
- When Helping Hurts in Christian Orphan Care
- How Mothers’ Hearts Alleviate Poverty and Prevent Family Separation
- How to Best Help COVID Orphans
All this has been building toward the exciting news we announced in the webinar:
Helping Without Hurting in International Orphan Care
A Live Online Course
To Help Churches and Ministries Strengthen Families to Protect and Support Children
Discover tools to provide better care for vulnerable children now and better lives for them and their families over the long term.
Through this course, you’ll:
- Understand that poverty is complicated and hard to define. By changing our ministry focus from individual caregivers to households and communities, we can better support vulnerable children and keep them in families.
- Identify the different needs of materially-poor households and match them with the most effective financial services available to them.
- Discover proven household financial empowerment tools that even small organizations can use to keep children rooted in families.
- Practice new ideas through group learning and real-world case studies.
The course will include readings and activities, but will be centered around three, 90-minute live teaching sessions:
- Tuesday, October 26, at 10:00 a.m. EDT
- Tuesday, November 2, at 10:00 a.m. EDT
- Tuesday, November 9, at 10:00 a.m. EST
Register today to secure your early-bird rate. We hope you’ll join us!
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Join our email list and get articles, links, and resources every week.