When Helping Hurts
Bestseller When Helping Hurts has changed the way thousands of church and ministry leaders approach poverty. Designed to equip you to begin effectively helping low-income people, When Helping Hurts articulates a biblical framework for poverty alleviation. Learn how to walk with the materially poor in humble relationships instead of just providing them temporary handouts.
- Pastors, elders, deacons, lay leaders, volunteers, ministry leaders and staff
- Foundational concepts: who are the poor?
- Principles: what type of help leads to long-term change?
- Strategies: how can we help people effectively here and abroad?
“I have never read a better book on practically serving the poor, and I pray that God will use [it] to equip His people to accomplish His purposes in a world of urgent spiritual and physical need for the glory of His great name.”
– David Platt, author of Radical: Taking Back Your Faith from the American Dream