God has continued to expand the work He is doing through the Chalmers Center over the past year. As we seek to steward those opportunities well, we are adding another member to our team. Check out the job description below for an Executive Assistant.
Staff Position Description
TITLE: Executive Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director / President
LOCATION: Chalmers Center and Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, GA
PREPARED BY: Brian Fikkert / Michael Briggs / Justin Lonas
EFFECTIVE DATE: December 4, 2018
POSITION SUMMARY: The Chalmers Center exists to equip the church to walk alongside the poor to break the social, spiritual, and material bonds of poverty. The Executive Assistant is a key contributor to execute this mission in their own right and as he/she provides a wide range of administrative and office support for the Chalmers Center President and Executive Director.
- Commit to pray and advocate for the poor and the church in light of the mission of the Chalmers Center;
- Field e-mails and other correspondence, processing external inquiries and requests, while keeping the executives regularly updated on items that require their attention;
- Manage the executives’ time and commitments for optimal strategic value to the Chalmers Center (and for the President, to the College as well) by keeping their digital calendars up to date and coordinating scheduling of meetings with internal and external parties;
- Make travel arrangements, including plane tickets, lodging, and ground transportation, for executives;
- Provide basic technical and logistical support related to speaking engagements (Keynote/PowerPoint, AV set-up, honoraria, expense reimbursement from the host, etc.);
- Ensure executives are aware of and that they complete assigned donor activities and follow-ups;
- Enter and update donor information and actions using Raiser’s Edge to ensure an accurate record of donor interactions and follow-ups;
- Prepare and coordinate various reports, presentations & materials for board meetings and other significant events;
- Coordinate filing and record-keeping related to the President’s academic work and organizational publishing contracts;
- Prepare, submit and track expense reports, and ensure timely reimbursement of external expenses;
- Take responsibility for hosting strategic visitors to our office by providing meals and snacks, coordinating travel arrangements as necessary, and occasionally providing transportation and entertainment.
- For the President, provide administrative assistance for his courses at Covenant College; and oversee logistics for any speaking engagements or other external commitments.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Passionate about the Vision, Mission, and Values of the Chalmers Center.
- Adherence to the Lausanne Covenant, a statement of Christian belief.
- Active involvement and good standing in a local church.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
- Possess strong initiative to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information or situations.
- Demonstrate organizational ability, able to handle a broad variety of projects simultaneously. Be able to multitask, work with deadlines.
- Possess advanced oral and written communication skills and high attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to produce professional work, free of grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors.
- Travel: Limited to none.
Why you’ll love working with Chalmers:
- Working with friendly, passionate, mission-focused co-workers
- Integrating your knowledge and professional skills with your faith
- Collaborating in an office where ideas are freely shared and valued
- Receiving generous benefits, including 401K with 3% match and family medical, dental and vision insurance with significant employer HSA contributions
- Practicing freedom to work where you get things done best (flexible locations pending supervisor approval)
- Free hot and cold beverages and snacks
- Annual paid staff retreat
- We have a record player
- Enjoy working and playing in one of the best mid-sized cities in America
- Outside – Named Chattanooga “Best Town Ever” based on readers votes
- National Geographic Adventure – Chattanooga is one of the “Best Adventure Towns in the US to Live + Play”
- New York Times – Names Chattanooga 1 of 45 cities worldwide to visit
- Travel + Leisure – Named Chattanooga as one of the five “Next Great Escapes” and calls Chattanooga a “cultural find”
*Benefits are reviewed regularly and subject to change
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.